Saturday, 14 May 2011

Cold War AA Gun Emplacements - Near Harlow - April 2011

Just outside Harlow on the Herts/Essex border sits this Anti Aircraft gun emplacement, this was the second trip out this weekend with the kids and their Grandad

The site consists of four 3.7 inch AA gun emplacements each with ammunition recesses and integral shelters.

Just back from the AA guns was the Generator block and several hundred yards further down the concrete road sits the Operations Block

The site was built in the early 1950's and ended it's life in 1958 when jet aircraft and surface to air missiles took over their role.

3.7 Inch Anti Aircraft Gun

No comments:

Post a Comment